Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
A lot of countries, including New Zealand, are struggling to find qualified workers to fill positions in some occupations due to a severe shortage of talent. NZ Immigration Act 2009 led to the creation of Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) to capture such work areas. You may be eligible for a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa if you have an employment offer for a job on this list and possess the necessary skills.
Request a call back from our immigration experts
Do you have the qualifications and work experience to work in an occupation that figures in the LTSSL? Have you received a job offer from a New Zealand employer for the same? Are you less than 55 years old? If you answered “yes” to all these questions, you may be eligible for the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa.
The best part about this work visa is that it is a Work to Residence Long Term Skill Shortage Visa – which means it provides a path to New Zealand residency. See what it takes to get this visa, we are here to help.
What are the qualification criteria for the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
Here are the qualification criteria that you must satisfy for this New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa; you must:
- Produce proof of identity
- Provide chest X-Ray, medical examination report and other supporting documentation to prove you do not have any Medical Issues
- Prove you do not have any Character issues – INZ (Immigration New Zealand) would require you produce police certificates
- Show sincere intent to meet the terms of the work to residence long term skill shortage visa
- Submit certification to prove you have not yet attained the age of 55 years
- Produce employment offer for a work area involving an occupation that figures in the LTSSL
- Provide work experience certificates satisfying the job requirements
- Demonstrate the qualifications needed for the position
- Submit a valid NZ occupation registration certificate – if your occupation requires one, per the LTSSL
It takes a trained mind to match the LTSSL requirements with what you have to offer and present it convincingly. INZ is very picky about this, and you may have to face rejection if your application does not satisfy the immigration officer. Our Auckland-based team of immigration experts has a lot of experience with the New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa process and is standing by to help you succeed. Book an absolutely free consultation to get started.
What is the validity period of Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
This Work to Residence Long Term Skill Shortage Visa allows you to stay in New Zealand for 30 months. While you are on this visa, you may:
- Travel in and out of New Zealand any number of times
- Undertake 3 months of study in 12 months
- Be employed by the company supporting your visa at the location mentioned therein
- Submit your application for New Zealand residency after satisfying the terms of your Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa for 2 years
What conditions does INZ enforce on Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
If you are in the country on a New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa, you have to abide by these INZ norms:
- Once your Work to Residence Long Term Skill Shortage Visa is approved, you must travel to New Zealand within 3 months
- Unfortunately, this visa does not allow you to make your partner and dependent children part of your application. They may, however, get their own New Zealand Family Visas since they are related to you
INZ is very specific when matching your job offer to the occupations on the LTSSL – it takes meticulous paperwork to convince the authority.
Immigration Advisers NZ has the best immigration talent on board to work through the maze of Work to Residence Long Term Skill Shortage List Visa. We can help you create a foolproof visa application to ensure your success. Contact us to book a complimentary consultation – this session is 100% free.
How much time and money are needed to acquire the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
INZ typically decides Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa applications in 4 months.
Mistakes in the application, insufficient supporting documentation and specific conditions may warrant special handling – this may lead to delay in getting an INZ response, and you may even have to suffer the agony of visa rejection.
Our licensed immigration experts know how to extract a quick and favourable verdict from the INZ. And that is not all – we do it in a manner to save you both time and money. We adopt efficient and cost-effective methods to prevent churn, which helps us provide you with the best service at a reasonable price. Book an absolutely free consultation to discuss your case.