New Zealand Visitor Visa
Are you looking to spend some time in a country that offers fun and adventure in a safe and healthy environment? Look no further than New Zealand – you will love the company of the friendly, inviting and diverse natives.
Read on to see what options for visitor visa NZ offers and how to procure your travel documents.
Request a call back from our immigration experts
NZeTA or Visitor Visa?
INZ (Immigration New Zealand) has published a list of visa waiver countries – visitors from these countries must obtain an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) approval before visiting New Zealand. You can get your NZeTA authorisation once you satisfy the requirements for the same.
If you do not belong to a country on the visa waiver list or want to stay in New Zealand upwards of 3 months (6 months if you are from the UK), you must have a visitor visa NZ has approved.
If you have one or more of the following conditions, you must get a Visitor Visa even if you are otherwise eligible for an NZeTA:
- You have a history of deportation from a country
- You have been imprisoned before – you may qualify if you get a Character Waiver
- You have medical problems INZ may be concerned about – you may be eligible if you get a Medical Waiver
- You have been engaged in terrorist or criminal acts – you may qualify if you get a Special Direction
It is sometimes not easy to figure out whether you need an NZeTA or a Visitor Visa. Do not worry, we are here to help.
Our Auckland based immigration experts have a lot of experience in helping international travellers with their Visitor Visa and NZeTA authorisation. Book a 100% free consultation and let us help you with the appropriate application.
What is the duration of New Zealand Visitor Visa?
The visitor visa NZ gives you is valid for 9-18 months and you can apply for an additional 3 months based on the following conditions (note that you cannot stay for more than 12 months within 24 months on this visa):
- Your travel itinerary needs more time
- You are unable to leave the country for reasons beyond your control
- This is your first time applying for residence in New Zealand
INZ will not approve your visitor visa extension if you have studied, worked or received sponsorship during your visit. You must also have taken care of all your expenses independently while you were in New Zealand.
Do you need help with the extension of your NZ Visitor Visa? Immigration Advisers NZ has licensed immigration consultants on their team to take care of all your Visitor Visa aspects. Book a 100% free consultation to get answers to all your NZ visa questions.
Are there any conditions on New Zealand Visitor Visa?
Yes, INZ does place certain conditions on NZ Visitor Visas – you are not allowed to work, but you are permitted to undertake up to 3 months of study in 12 months on this visa.
You must meet multiple-entry requirements if you wish to enter/leave the country several times while on a New Zealand Visitor Visa.
A New Zealand Visitor Visa allows you to:
- Make your dependent children (younger than 19 years) and partner part of your application
- Engage in sports and adventure activities, explore the beauty of the country and visit your family/friends
If your visa does not mention “Return/onward travel not required”, you must satisfy the following conditions for your onward journey:
- You must have a valid ticket and authorisation to enter the country you wish to go to, or
- You must have a sponsor who is going to pay for your ticket along with valid travel documents to enter that country
How much time and money does it take to get New Zealand Visitor Visa?
You can usually expect an INZ decision on a New Zealand Visitor Visa application within 12 to 30 days. Note that processing times vary for each country as INZ applies a different set of rules in each case. If you fail to submit the needed information within the specified guidelines, it may also lead to painful delays.
You are required to furnish documents such as police clearances and medical records with English translations. We ensure that your NZ Visitor Visa application is not delayed or rejected because of mistakes in supporting documentation.
Our immigration advisers take pride in providing our customers with the best services at minimal costs. We will help you make a foolproof NZeTA or Visitor Visa application at the most reasonable price. Get started by booking a 100% free consultation with our team.