New Zealand is an ideal place for investors who want to settle in the country permanently or spend significant time here. You would fall in love with the country’s safe, healthy and family-friendly environment while partaking in fun, adventure and leisure activities waiting for you to explore.
Request a call back from our immigration experts
If you can benefit New Zealand with your global connections, have the needed capital and proper experience, you can apply for an appropriate Investor Visa NZ provides if you bring your investments to the country.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) offers multiple New Zealand Investor Visa options for you to pick from. You can select from these temporary stay or resident categories:
Investor 2 Resident Visa (Investor Visa)
To be eligible for an Investor 2 Resident Visa, you must have 3 or more years of experience running a successful business and invest at least NZ$ 3 million in New Zealand.
This New Zealand Investment immigration visa uses a point system to qualify you – the points are awarded for the length of experience in business, investment amount, age and spoken English skill. If you invest NZ$ 750,000 in high growth areas, you can accumulate more points.
This New Zealand Investor Visa has a yearly quota of 400 – so, you will need to time your application to beat the rush.
What is the process of getting this New Zealand Investment Immigration Visa?
Investor 2 Resident Visa application process starts with an EOI (Expression of Interest). You submit an EOI to the INZ, including your experience in running a business and proof of investments you wish to commit. You will be invited to file a formal visa application if your EOI is selected by the INZ.
What are the conditions imposed on this NZ Investor Visa?
Here are the conditions imposed by INZ on an NZ Investor 2 Resident Visa; the applicant must:
- Not be more than 65 years of age
- Reside in the country for at least 146 days in the 3 years towards the end of the investment period or at least 438 days during the entire 4 years. INZ allows some relaxation in these conditions based on investment structure.
- Provide evidence of investments at the end of the 2nd and 4th years. INZ allows you 3 months for submitting the documentation – you can move your funds between various acceptable instruments.
What does INZ let you do on this visa?
This Investor Visa NZ offers allows you to do the following:
- Make your partner and dependent children (aged 24 or less) part of your NZ Investor Visa application
- Enter/Exit New Zealand more than once in the beginning 2 years – travel during the latter 2 years will need a variation of conditions
- Submit an application for residency in the country after you have successfully satisfied the provisions of your 4-year Investor 2 Visa.
Immigration Advisers NZ experts include licensed immigration professionals who specialise in working with the challenges of New Zealand Investment immigration process. Book your completely free consultation slot to discuss your situation.
Investor 1 Resident Visa (Investor Plus Visa)
Investor 1 Resident Visa is the best Investor Visa NZ provides for, i.e. if you can keep NZ$ 10 million invested in New Zealand for 3 years.
The application process is smoother compared to the Investor 2 Resident Visa, and you get more perks, for instance:
- INZ allows you to apply for residence in New Zealand once you have successfully met the provisions of this visa for 3 years
- You may not have to pay custom duty on your household belongings you move to the country, including your car and boat
What are the conditions imposed on this NZ Investor Visa?
Here are the conditions imposed by INZ on an NZ Investor 1 Resident Visa; the applicant must:
- Reside in the country for at least 44 days in the 2 years towards the end of the investment period or at least 88 days during the entire 3 years. INZ allows some relaxation in these conditions based on investment structure.
- Provide evidence of investments at the end of the 2nd and 3rd years. INZ allows you 3 months for submitting the documentation – you can move your funds between various acceptable instruments.
Investor 1 Resident Visa is the preferred choice among all the New Zealand Investor Visa options offered by INZ. However, this visa comes with strict conditions that makes it crucial for you to work with an experienced immigration expert. Contact our Auckland-based immigration consultants to book a 100% free consultation.
Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa
Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa is a non-resident New Zealand Investor Visa that allows you to enjoy the country’s relaxing open spaces in a safe and healthy environment – you could do the same with a visitor visa, but you get a lot more stay on this visa.
What does INZ allow you to do on this Visa?
On a Temporary Retirement Visa, you can:
- Live in the country for 2 years
- Study for 3 out of 12 months
- Make your partner part of your visitor visa application
- Enter/Exit New Zealand any number of times while your visa is valid
Also, note the following things that you cannot do on this visa:
- Bring your dependent children along with you
What are the qualification requirements for this visitor visa?
For you to qualify for a Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa, you must satisfy the following criteria; you must:
- Have attained the age of 66
- Invest NZ$ 750,000 in New Zealand for 2 or more years in “acceptable investments” – the funds must not be on a lien and must have been earned lawfully
- Show that you and your partner (if included in the visa application) have a combined income of at least NZ$ 60,000/year
- Provide evidence of savings of more than NZ$ 500,000 to cover your living expenses in New Zealand – this is over and above the minimum income and investment needed for the visa
- Carry travel and medical insurance while you live in the country
Note that this is not the complete list, and you must show convincing proof to satisfy INZ of your financial ability to meet the visa obligations. Do not risk delay or rejection of your New Zealand Investor Visa application. Our immigration experts are standing by to help you with your Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa process. Contact us to book a 100% free consultation.
How much time and money does it take to get a New Zealand Investor Visa?
INZ typically processes Temporary Retirement Visitor Visas within 24 days but processing times for Resident Investor Visa applications may stretch to 30 months. Other complicating factors such as personal conditions that require Health Waivers, Special Directions and Character Waivers can also lead to extended processing time.
Our team of immigration professionals is dedicated to helping you succeed with your New Zealand Investor Visa application in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. With us, you can be assured of getting the best service at the lowest price. Contact us to book a free consultation to see how we can help your case.